5 Reasons why you should be sleeping on a silk pillowcase
1) Sleeping on silk reduces the appearance of wrinkle lines
Sleeping on silk pillowcases reduces the appearance of lines on your face, your skin looks better when you wake up. – Silk is the nearest thing to human skin known to man. Silk contains a natural protein and 18 essential amino acids. Studies have shown that amino acids can counter the effects of ageing, especially in the facial skin. Silk also contains natural cellular albumen, which helps speed up metabolism of skin cells — thus helping to reduce signs of ageing. Wrinkles are caused by a consistent loss of daily moisture and decrease in collagen due to lack of oestrogen, that go far beyond the sleeping hours. Unlike cotton (a very absorbent fibre), silk will not absorb natural moisture from your face and hair, or facial night creams while you sleep. It allows for more effective use of night creams, such as Pause Hydra Creme, providing better skin hydration, as a result giving you a clearer skin.
– Silk pillows offer a smoother surface for the face, so you don’t wake up with the crease marks that are common with other fabrics. The material doesn’t bunch up, making it less likely your skin will have added lines in the morning.
Try it, you will see the difference the first morning you wake up.
2) Silk is hypo-allergenic
Silk is hypoallergenic. It is amazing for those who have sensitive, dry or itchy skin. Silk is inhospitable to dust mites and house mites unlike other pillow surfaces.
3) Silk is cool against the skin
Silk pillowcases feel cooler against the skin, because they don’t trap body heat like other fabrics. Silk pillowcases are thin and soft. Silk is a natural heat regulator. It will maintain body temperature and does not conduct heat, or static electricity! Silk helps to retain heat on cold nights and keep you cool during those hot flushes!
4) Your hair looks better when you sleep on silk pillowcases
Sleeping on Silk can help prevent hair from thinning. Cotton causes more friction, disrupting hair follicles as we move in our sleep, which leads to hair breakage and split ends. Silk Pillowcases will prevent hair from tangling as we move in our sleep, they will also help keep our hairstyle better for the next day. Cotton may feel soft to the skin but its weave actually grips and tugs at individual strands causing damage and breakage.
– Hair treated by bleaching, highlighting, colouring, chemical perms, blow drying and curling or straightening is especially susceptible to breakage – For braided, chemically treated or normal hair the use of silk pillowcases reduces hair breakage, helps maintain proper moisture balance, protects hairstyles and eliminates most tangling.
5) Spoil yourself with Silk Pillowcases
We spend a third of our life sleeping. Sleeping on silk pillowcases is an easy way to pamper yourself. You feel like you are in a spa when you go to bed on a silk pillowcases.
– Silk is a very easy fabric to care for. It should be washed on cold and hung out to dry, the best part is it dries very quickly!